Denver Bioidentical Hormones Expert Dr. Joseph Agnello describes the symptoms of a hormonal headache and how they can be treated with natural bioidentical hormones.
Denver, CO, June 11, 2010 -- This week is recognized as National Headache Awareness Week and the bioidentical hormone doctors at BodyLogicMD want those who frequently suffer migraines to know that an underlying hormonal imbalance may be to blame.
Approximately 70 percent of all headaches are actually experienced by women. Most headaches referred to as “migraines” aren’t really migraines at all – they’re oftentimes caused by a hormone imbalance. The symptoms are very similar and are easily misconstrued by both the doctors and the people experiencing them.
“When my patients complain of severe headaches, I look closely at their levels of estrogen and progesterone. Typically the progesterone levels will be too low in relation to their estrogen,” shares Denver bioidentical hormone expert Dr. Joseph Agnello.
Dr. Agnello is a part of BodyLogicMD, a national network of highly trained physicians who specialize exclusively in bioidentical hormone therapy programs, helping both men and women suffering symptoms of hormone imbalance.
For women, unbalanced estrogen, progesterone, testosterone and other hormones can be directly responsible for these debilitating headaches. Hormones can get out of balance for various reasons, including PMS, menopause, stress, fatigue, menstruation, pregnancy, oral contraceptives (i.e. birth control pills), and postpartum.
Differentiating between migraines and hormonal headaches can be a difficult task because the symptoms are so similar. While a pain reliever may help with a migraine, when it comes to hormonal headache relief, individuals may need much more. A hormonal headache is usually unilateral - meaning it affects only one side of the head –and the pain can be best described as a throbbing sensation. In addition, hormonal headaches may also cause nausea, vomiting and sensitivity to light and can last anywhere from a few hours to a few days. The intensity of the headaches varies among women, with some experiencing mild to moderate pain, while for others it can be more severe.
“Many of the women that come to me have been told by their primary care physician that they are suffering from migraine headaches and so they are prescribed pain medication or birth control pills – neither of which treat the underlying hormonal issues,” says Dr. Agnello. Once the hormonal imbalance has been assessed and treated using a combination of proper nutrition and bioidentical hormone therapy, if necessary, most women find that their headaches become a lot less frequent or disappear completely.
Dr. Agnello’s tips for dealing with hormone headaches:
1.Diet- a healthy diet is essential. Avoid simple carbohydrates, refined sugars, and processed foods. Don’t skip meals.
2.Decrease/Eliminate Toxins- avoid endocrine disrupting chemicals such as BPA and DES in your environment. (found in water bottles and household plastics)
3.Avoid identifiable migraine triggers and practice a healthy lifestyle.
4.Nutritional Supplements- Make sure to talk to your doctor about taking a rich multivitamin that can support hormone balance. Magnesium and vitamin B12 have long been thought to help headache sufferers so be sure to include these in your diet.
5.Track your migraines. Write down when your migraines occur. Bring your results to your healthcare professional to review. A free downloadable headache diary is available at www.headaches.org.
Treatment of hormonal headaches can vary drastically among women, so if you are suffering from the symptoms mentioned, and your traditional treatment is not working, it is advisable that you have your hormone levels tested by an expert physician who specializes in hormone imbalance issues.
About Dr. Agnello
Dr. Joseph Agnello’s passion for preventive medicine is deeply rooted in his own personal journey through andropause (the male menopause), during which he suffered symptoms including chronic fatigue, weight gain and difficulty concentrating. Ultimately, he found relief through a combination of nutrition, exercise and bioidentical hormones. His success inspired him to make the same options available to his patients.
Founded in 2003, BodyLogicMD physician-owned practices make up the nation’s largest and fastest growing network of the most highly trained physicians specializing in natural bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. Integrated with fitness and nutrition programs, BodyLogicMD’s medically supervised programs are for men and women suffering from hormone imbalance associated with menopause and andropause. Also BodyLogicMD is currently featured as an expert resource on Oprah.com; Suzanne Somers’ latest bestselling books “Knockout: Interviews With Doctors Who Are Curing Cancer And How To Prevent Getting It In The First Place” and “Breakthrough: Eight Steps to Wellness” lists BodyLogicMD as an expert resource, and her book, “Ageless: The Naked Truth About Bioidentical Hormones” dedicates an entire chapter to BodyLogicMD. Florida Trend cover story December 2009, features BodyLogicMD as the national leaders in the growing anti-aging industry; BusinessWeek cover story March 2006, features the BodyLogicMD business start-up story.
- U.s. Of America : Music Divas Dazzle In Designer Outfits At Billboard Awards - Underwear For Men And Women Information U
- Uk : Emerging Designers Join London Collections: Men
- Prince William Calvin Klein Boxer Forward To 'long, Sleepless Nights' As Being A New Father - Celebuzz
- Phoenix Diamond And Gold Buyers Is Paying Top Dollar For Your Gold, Platinum, Silver And Diamonds
- Who Else Want To Know About Best Scrap Metal Buyers?
- How To Reuse Scrap Metals
- Get The Best Deals For Scrap Metals
- Kw 3: Wichita Kids Dentist
- Kw 5: Wichita Dentist
- Kw 1: Wichita Pediatric Dentist
- The Harms That Can Be Caused If One Avoids To Takes Services Of Milwaukee Basement Waterproofing
- Milwaukee Waterproofing Protects Your House From Molds
- Few Points To Consider Before Looking For A Milwaukee Basement Repair Expert
- How Porcelain Veneers Austin Can Be Beneficial
- Approaching Dental Veneers Austin Experts To Get A Fresh Smile
- Know More About The Boynton Beach Appliance Repair Service Team Here
- Services For Roofing Ann Arbor Under The Supervision Of Expert Roofing Contractors
- Know About Different Types Of Dentistry Before Choosing A Dentist In Austin
- Author Samantha Johns Announces 3rd Book In The Repentant Demon Trilogy
- Is Your Teeth Setting Your Confidence On Backseat
- It Is Imperative To Hire A Real Estate Lawyer St. Cloud While Thinking About A House
- Dental Implants Austin Surgeons Consider A Variety Of Factors Before Performing Surgery
- Brilliant Work Done By Fresno Wrongful Death Attorney
- Austin Dental Implants For Permanent Replacement Of Missing Tooth
- Classic Holidays Resort Directors’ Conference Tackles Ageing Timeshare Owners
- Candy-lyts.com: Offering Edifying Information On Diet Pill Phentermine
- U.s. Affirms Iraq Withdrawal Plan, Pm Answers For Attacks
- Best Western Austrian Chalet Campbell River Awarded Best Western Intl. Director's Award
- Who Backs Findings On Tamiflu For Seasonal Flu
- R&b Love Crooner Teddy Pendergrass Dead At 59
- Ancient Egypt Exhibit Gives Lessons In Immortality
- Salad Bar Gets Warm Welcome In Historic Harlem
- Allison Adler
- First Details About Call Of Duty 8!
- Roman Polanski, Sharon Tate Nude Sells For $11,250
- Small Business Saturday
- Martin Lawrence Producing Comedy For Black Viewers
- Snap-on Industrial® Portable Mechanics' Service Sets Protect Valuable
- Tv Makers Bet Big On 3d But Payoff Uncertain
- Canada Plans New Emission Rules For Heavy Trucks
- Google Denies Leaving China, Seeks Negotiations
- Blair To Face Iraq War Inquiry, Big Demand For Seats
- "american Idol" Returns, But How Long Can It Last?
- Hamas Officials In Egypt To Discuss Prisoner Exchange
- Schaumburg Roofing: Local Roofing Contractor In Schaumburg, Il Recognized
- Berlusconi Leaves Hospital, 4 Days After Attack
- Edcomm Banker’s Academy Updates Nigerian Consumer Lending Training Program For 2010
- Romance At The Copier? Beware, Say Experts
- New "24" Finds Jack Bauer Smiling. But Not For Long
- Vancouver Dismisses Worries Over Weather
- Accessdiscounts.com Offers Grow Light Options For Indoor Gardening
- Motorola Xoom
- A-power Texas Project Costs Up; China May Fund
- Toronto Self Defense - Safe International Expands Women’s/family Self Defense Lessons Programs
- Afghan Women Among Worst Off In World-rights Group
- Build It Green! Home Tour Highlights Two Hammer And Hand Design-build Projects
- Hamas Officials In Egypt To Discuss Prisoner Exchange
- Bodylogicmd Opens First South Carolina Bioidentical Hormones Practice
- Ricki Lake
- My Touch 4g
- Presa Canario
- Tweets, Sexting "unfriended" In U.s. Banned Word List
- Tefl Teachers Lose Jobs As Japanese Language-school Operator Collapses
- Edcomm Banker’s Academy Updates Crisis Communication Training Program For 2010
- Pmi Brings Pmp® Certification Exam Prep Training To Major Metro Cities In Usa, Canada, Middle East, India, Singapore, Au
- Canada, Safe International Launches New High School Self Defense Website
- Honda Sets Own Recall As Toyota Details Action
- Lena Katina Of T.a.t.u. To Launch Solo Music Career With First Show In San Francisco
- New Office Premises For Logo Design New Zealand At 57 Buckley Road
- Tiger's Return Sorely Needed By The Sport, Says Mickelson
- Togo To Play In Angola Despite Attack, Says Midfielder
- Expect To Recover Message To Gulf Residents
- Peppers Market & Sandwich Shop Launches Contest To Create The Next Great American Sandwich
- Residents Aghast At Albert Hall Boxing Plans
- Danica Patrick Stays In Indycar But Nascar Door Still Open
- Forrester Reasearch Puts Bicg On Short List Of Bi Service Providers
- Yemen Says Forces Kill Local Al Qaeda Leader
- The Launch Of Leadingbet.com
- Dutch Teenage Sailor Stays With Father, Voyage Planned
- Itf Says World Cup Idea Has Interesting Elements
- Serena Unmatched In Battle Of Nerves
- White House Says Stimulus Has Saved Two Million Jobs
- Hormones And Headaches – Bodylogicmd Physicians Help Patients Find Relief
- Militants Attacks Pakistan Spy Agency Office, 9 Dead
- Romanian Election Close As Rivals Claim Victory
- U.n.: $24 Billion Could Slash Infant, Maternal Deaths
- Muzikreviews.com Opens Website To Writers Interested In Music Reviews
- Mitochon Systems To Brief Physician And Health It Communities On Upcoming Strategy For Emr Use On Mobile Devices
- Hockey Is More Than A Game To Canadians
- One Million Take Consicous Footsteps Together
- Is High Definition Video The Only Killer App For High Speed Wireless Connectivity?
- South Korea Vows Caution Over Ship, North Sees War
- Edcomm Banker’s Academy Updates Islamic Banking Platform Training Program For 2010
- Daimer® Introduces Electric Pressure Washer Shopping Tool
- London Escorts Outcall Offers Enjoyable Experience At Your Convenience
- La Jolla Researcher Named To “ultimate Think Tank” – Next Step In Breast Cancer Research From Susan G. Komen For The Cur
- North Korea Hints Ready To Return To Nuclear Talks
- Honduran Leaders' Effigies Up In Smoke For New Year
- Gay Marriage Ban Goes On Trial In California
- Synchronica Predicts Surge In Mobile Instant Messaging Use During World Cup
- International Indoor Cycling Instructors Invited To Compete
- Japan Tech Needs M&a But Patent War More Likely
- Black Friday Shoppers Tweet, Friend And Clip
- Free Web 3.0 News Portal: User-generated Content - Quick Hit With Google Caffeine
- Enjoy Two Great Thanksgiving Options – Without The Preparation Or Cleanup
- Guinea's Camara Arrives In Burkina Faso
- California Gays In Marriage Case Cite Status Woes
- Levi & Korsinsky, Llp Launches An Investigation Into The Possible Breaches Of Fiduciary Duty By The Board Of Occam Netwo
- Alaska Earthquake Information Center
- Pdf Render Center 6 - New Version Of Software For Pdf-based Dms Solutions
- Wfp Suspends Operations In Much Of Southern Somalia
- Karzai Visits South Afghanistan, Rockets Land Nearby
- Sun Micro Wins Intellectual Property Cases
- Anna Fermanova
- Tracking The Evolving Narratives -- Gulf Oil Spill Vs. Katrina - Obama Vs. Bp
- Arenas, Crittenton Suspended For Rest Of Season
- Kate Middleton Bikini
- Hot Trend In B2b Lead Generation And Online Marketing Strategy - Video Seo And Customer Testimonials
- Dealsmix.com.au Takes Australian Group Buying To The Next Level, Aggregating Popular Daily Deal Websites
- U.s., Britain Try To Shore Up Yemen Security
- Alpine Skiing: Janka Wins Again With Downhill Triumph
- Orange County Jewelry Design House Introduces New Engagement Ring Designs
- Eurotique Corsets Has Officially Launched Their Fashion Leather Collection Just In Time For The Holiday Season
- Facebook Redraws Site
- U.s. Affirms Iraq Withdrawal Plan, Pm Answers For Attacks
- England World Cup Squad Looks To Recover Quickly From Usa Result
- Velvet Chokers Offers Free Jewelry Sale For Black Friday Shoppers
- Levi & Korsinsky, Llp Investigates Enzo Biochem, Inc
- Mygo’s Quality Corner Rack Product Set For Uk Launch
- Jon And Kate Gosselin Divorce Finalized
- Hulk Hogan Sets "tna" Record On Spike
- Levi & Korsinsky, Llp Investigates Team, Inc
- U.s. Airport Security Irks, But Passengers Cope
- Bungalow Bar & Grill Rings In The New Year With Live Music, Champagne
- Madrid Final Gets Cash Boost From Saturday Fever
- San Diego Panera Bread’s® Pink Ribbon Bagels To Benefit Susan G. Komen For The Cure®, San Diego
- Golden Networking's Edgar Perez To Present Power Networking Strategies For Portfolio Managers At Distressed Investing Co
- Roddick Exits Melbourne Park Rubbing Shoulder
- Sony Positive On Gadget Sales
- Citigroup, Wells Fargo To Pay Back U.s.
- "basterds," Bullock, Bridges Big Sag Winners
- Toptenreviews Recommends Novabackup
- Kyle Richards